In this Issue:
- Long Beach Civic Center Supplemental Environmental Impact Report
- Portfolio Tour 2015
- Summer Splendor at Festival on the Green at Santa Anita Race Track — July 25
- Heritage Attends Green Prize Festival
- Saving Long Beach’s Art Deco and Streamline Moderne Heritage
- Mural Restoration Will Be Subject of Long Beach Heritage Meeting
- New Willmore City Walking Tour
- Volunteer Spotlight
- Membership Report — June 2015
- SAVE THE DATE! The Bembridge House Fall Party will be held on Saturday evening, October 3, 2015.
- What’s Up at the Bembridge House
Long Beach Civic Center Supplemental Environmental Impact Report
By Louise Ivers
Los Angeles County Courthouse by architects Francis Heusel and Kenneth Wing.
The City of Long Beach will be preparing a Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Report (SEIR) for the Civic Center Project to address certain potential impacts associated with the demolition and new construction. The design of the proposed Civic Center project follows the guidance of the Downtown Plan which was adopted in January, 2012; however, the Initial Study of the proposed project identifies potentially significant impacts on certain environmental factors, in particular, cultural resources. In addition to the construction of the new civic center buildings, the project would include the demolition of the former Long Beach Courthouse building which was studied in a Draft EIR in 2014. The first Draft EIR also noted significant impacts on the cultural resources. It is estimated that the Draft SEIR will be available for review in late July or early August.... Click Here to Read the Full Article.