On the 2nd Saturday of each month, join us to explore the East Village Arts District. This docent-led tour will dive into the neighborhood’s unique history and changing architectural styles of the early 20th century, including Victorian cottages from as early as 1905, “own-your-own” residential apartment buildings that catered to luxury resort living, and Modern additions in the post-World War II years. You will learn about the Royal Hotel, Lafayette Complex, Broadlind Hotel, Cooper Arms, Artaban, and more!
- Schedule: 2nd Saturday of every month (there is no tour in April, May or June of 2022 )
- When: 3 pm to 5 pm
- Where: Begins near the intersection of Linden Ave and Ocean Blvd. at the Linden Avenue entrance to the Cooper Arms Condominium.
- Parking: Metered street parking or free public parking at Harbor Place (access by driving south on Linden, turning left on Seaside Way, and almost immediately entering the gate marked Visitor Parking).
- Length: 2 hours
- Distance covered: About 1-1/2 miles total walking
- Walking difficulty: Moderate
- Cost: $10 per adult (suggested donation)
All tickets will be held at will-call at the start of the tour
In the event of significant rain, the tour will be canceled and you may arrange to attend a later tour
Special tours may be scheduled for groups of five or more people. Contact email@example.com