About the Legacy Business Program
The Legacy Business Program recognizes a place of business or company that has operated in Long Beach for a minimum of 25 years* and contributes to the character of a neighborhood and our city by offering an experience that is uniquely Long Beach. This initiative helps support these special places by celebrating their history, defining features, and role in our city’s thriving cultural scene. It is not a landmark designation program, but a voluntary recognition effort that helps draw patrons to a business and create a network of distinctive locations.
Become a Founding Sponsor to help us launch this initiative!
- The business has been in operation for 35 years or longer
- The business meets at least TWO of these four criteria
- Has been in operation for 25 year or more
- Contributes to a sense of history to the surrounding neighborhood
- Associated with distinctive architecture, interior design, or landscape
- Possesses significant cultural value
The Legacy Business Committee, Board of Directors, and Long Beach Councilmembers will nominate the first round of inductees to the program. An inaugural inductee ceremony will take place in June 2020 during Architecture Week.
Do you have a business you would like to suggest? Share it with us!